Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

CAREFUL:the only cleaning it needs inside is to change out the foil in the floor of the smoker, maybe a little hot soap and water to get any excess grease out of THE BOTTOM, wash the shelves in a sink of hot soapy water. BUT NO harsh chemicals. Any black on the walls and doors is "the cure" you want that. Once all dried out with paper towels inside lay down new foil on the bottom and cover the roof of the wood box and you're ready to rock. Great little (ahem) smoker. A SM055 is a real nice old school smoker. You gonna open a deli now ?? LOL
thanks for the tips. Definitely wont clean the cure out. Floor is clean, smoke box a little rusty but serviceable. Shelves need cleaned. I hope I don't blow all the circuits trying to use it at home. It is funny you should say deli, I guess it was originally in a deli that wasn't open too long.
If the top of the woodbox is rusty, just take some steelwool to it, then give it a light coat of vegetable oil so it doesn't rust again. For the sides & top, you might want to take a paint scraper or old credit card and just scrape down the sides & top to get all the loose stuff off. Shelves, just throw them in the dishwasher if they'll fit.
Actually if I think about it, if it's a little rusty that means it's probably been sitting around for a while. No telling what kind of little critters and bugs may have gotten in there. I'd scrape down the sides, top & door and give it a wash down with some soapy water. You don't need to scrub it. It won't take long to get a good build up of blackness back. Plus you'll know you're starting out clean.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.