Skip to main content

Lost my Traeger to my son a while back and have been debating about replacing it - and what to replace it with. I'm old, so $ makes a lot of difference when trying to decide what to buy, and not to buy. I have done my research - I have lots of "research time". I tried to consider all the pros and cons and it began to appear that Cookshack was the only reasonable choice. I've spent a lot of time reading all the comments on this forum and the "buy the biggest you think you can afford" speech kept coming back over and over. I even shopped for price with everyone I could find that sold Cookshacks. I discovered I could buy it CHEAPER at places other than Cookshack... also noticed the possibility of a remanufactured unit. Finally got up the nerve to call ... explained my difficulties to Susan and wham! My SM025 should be here tomorrow! Looking forward to a lot of great eating in the near future.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My 025 is going on 3 years old, and I still find myself experimenting with different food types, cuts, and recipes.

Looking forward to smoking some meatloaf in the next day or two. Turns out scrumptious. Turkey breast for Thanksgiving. Prime rib for Christmas. Plenty other items between now and then...like salmon and almonds and pork butt and ribs. You've gotta try all this stuff. You're gonna luv that smoker.
My first cookshack was a SM025 almost 2 years ago. I am lucky to be on my 3rd cookshack. Today my PG500 arrived. Your going to love Cookshack. The company, the employees, the product, and this forum. Use this site as much as possible. Some of the coolest people on the net are right here. I am a part of several forums ranging from beer, motorcycles and BBQ. These people blow them all away!
I've had my 025 for just over three years. Because of the advice from the great forum members here, the time from "newbie" to "Wow, that's the best {insert product here} I've ever eaten" was short and swift.

The combined experience of the old comp winners, current comp winners, and new comp winners, fine restaurant owners, chefs, and Master backyard cooks, is impressive to say the least.

A special nod to our own SmokinOkie who has more irons in the fire then an Oklahoma cow poke yet still manages to moderate and advise the forum.

Even us lowly KCBS CBJs who get to taste some of the best BBQ produced IN THE WORLD are able to produce a pretty decent product at home using even the most basic CS smoker. And you'll surpass most restaurant BBQ in short order.
Last edited by smokinmaineiac
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinMAINEiac:
A special nod to our own SmokinOkie who has more irons in the fire then a Oklahoma cow poke yet still manages to moderate and advise the forum.

Ok, I had an opening from 8:16 to 8:36 this morning and stopped by.

Thanks. But I have to reverse this, EVERYONE contributes in this forum and that makes my job easier for sure. In the early days I answered a lot, but now, you ALL have gained so much experience, I even learn a thing or two.

I appreciate all the forum, new and old.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.