Skip to main content

I am ready to pull the trigger on a new Cookshack Smokette Elite. I know absolutely nothing about smoking other than I love smoked food.

In searching the net, I found the best price at CharcoalStore.com. For an additional $101 they will sell me the "deluxe package". This includes their own brand of rib rack, cover, Stainless Steel Seafood Grill and a wood sampler with five 4 oz of different woods.

My question is this: Does anyone here have experience with this seller? Also, does their rib rack, cover and Stainless Steel Seafood Grill compare with those sold by Cookshack?

What I really want is the rib rack and the cover which sell together for around $100 from Cookshack. This Seller's "DELUXE PACKAGE" adds a seafood rack for the same price.

I want to buy this once and not discover that what I bought was some cheap copy of an established product and then have to buy it again.

Thanks for any assistance.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The Charcoal Store is and authorized seller of Cookshack. I have not used them but have not heard anything negative. I would call John or Karen @ Cookshack Sales. They may be able to do better or a least help guide your decision. What is your timeline? If Charcoal Store doesn't have what you want in stock, they will have to order it from Cookshack which may delay your delivery. Is there a dealer in your area? You can search on the Cookshack website.
I tried using the Charcoal Store when I purchased my 55. They told me it was in stock at the time I ordered it and 3 weeks later they were still waiting for a shipment. I ended up cancelling my order with them and purchasing it from CS. I gave the Charcoal Store a second try for another purchase and had the same issues with delivery. Their website will indicate that an item is "in stock" when in fact it's not. It's been my experience that they're happy to take your money but not too anxious to delivery you product. That's been about 3 years ago so maybe they've improved.
Boy

This has turned out to be a very helpful thread for me. I was looking all over Creation and their deal seemed good. BUT frankly I'm gonna go direct with CS... The times I have called them for parts for my SM008 or advice on what old model I was looking at was so helpful, fun and pleasant I want them to have my business for the new smoker I decide on...

Thanks to everyone at CS...
If your just looking for a deal?...you might want to talk with CS and see if they have any refurbished smokers. Might ask if they still give discounts on accessories when ordered with the smoker. Might even ask if they still don't charge shipping on all the other items purchased with the smoker.

Heck, if nothing else they are more than happy to discuss with you any questions that you might have. Nice folks that just want you to be happy with your purchase from whoever you choose.
I have never heard a bad word about the Charcoal store until this thread... and I am sure every store has a bad day now and then.

I ordered an 020 for my daughter from the Charcoal store and had no problems. Promptly arrived and I thought all of their smokers were drop shipped from CS direct. Maybe some of the complaints were during the time CS was having problems with their controller and had to wait for a bunch in a new shipment.

But in any event, don't think you can go wrong with the Charcoal store.
I ordered my Cookshack 25 from Charcoalstore.com last Tuesday from Vicky who was extremely helpful getting my smoker shipped out the same day it arrived from Cookshack. My new 25 arrived yesterday & would absolutely do business with Charcoalstore.com again. I put a brisket in at 5am this morning, it just hit 190, almost done. Smiler

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC_3752
I bought an Amerique from them early in 2010. It took a few weeks for it to finally ship, but I saved a bunch of dough. I'm still on my original 40 lbs of chunks that came with the unit! I'm hankerin' for a PG1000 and I won't hesitate to buy from them again.

I emailed them yesterday about availability and which units ship. I got a very prompt reply this morning. All of the pellet grills ship directly from Ponca, and so you have to wait for them to be produced (unless they have them already made--which I doubt).

As I said, I'm pleased with them, but take the in stock claim on the website with a grain of salt. Call them to see what the actual status is. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.