Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The 160 was designed as a restaurant work horse. The smoke output is relative to the amount of wood used. As an electric smoker, it's not sanctioned "legal" for competitions.

The FEC100 uses pellets for heat and smoke production. The smoke profile tends to be less vs the 160 although there are methods to boost it.

Both are excellent smokers that will provide years and years of trouble free use.

What's your intended use for either? That would help guide you.

Welcome to the forum!
Max and morningflyer, thank you for the prompt reply. my intended use in vending/catering. The smoker would be placed inside of my trailer. I am currently using a Backwoods and a pig cooker and taking two rigs, the smokers on a trailer and the mobile kitchen with me. I'd like to just use the mobile kitchen and leave the flatbed at home.
I am also thinking about one of the two of these, I want mine for home use, I have a smokette and bought a Rec Tec pellet grill/smoker, it is nice but not what I was hoping for yet, still working on it.

Wanting something I can use indoors with proper ventilation and something I could hang trail bologna or summer sausage in to cook, heck even regular sausage.

Will be keeping what I currently have looking for an addition.

Thank you
I"m also in the market for a new smoker. I have a bradley smoker which I do all my salami and snack stix in. Works great just not big enough. I looked into the fec100 and looks like a great smoker. The problem is that I need to start smoking at low temps like 120 degrees and bump it up to 170 over the smoke process. The fec100 I dont think gets that low in temp. I'm not sure if the sm160 can get a low temp of 120 degrees. The specs on it says it will get as low as 100 degrees. Is there any sm160 owners out here that can tell us if it will get a low temp of 120 degrees? thanks..

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.