Skip to main content

I have a SM40. I've found that I have way more friends now and folks that are willin to buy my goods. I wanted to upgrade to something with more room. I found a SM160 for sale. One year old with temp prob and a few extras. I'm thinkin I'll keep my SM40 but looking forward to more room.

Any SM160 owners out there let me know what you think about your smoker. Am I making the right move?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Congrats on your SM160. I have had mine for about a year now, and love it. I started with an Amerique about 3yrs. ago. It worked fine, and still does, but started catering and needed the extra space. I didn't get the probe, as I never use it on my Amerique. I found it to not really be that accurate. You are only getting the temp from one part of the meat, so it can trip you up. Having the extra room is great. I cook on average 200lbs of Pulled pork a week. 10 packers, and other misc. meat for my customers. I can use the 160, or the Ameriqe at the same time for different products. Makes it very handy.
Enjoy you new smoker and ask if you have any questions.
Gary I.
Wow Gary that's a lot of Q!! I'm not sure I would want to get that big but nice to know I could if wanted to. Sounds like I'm following your tracks. Thanks

BigMikeinNJ, I read everything I could on this site before I bought my SM40. I remember the Wise Ones tell guys wondering what size to buy, "buy as big as money will allow". Good Words. It won't hurt to have two!!

Capt. Hamm I know it's got to be a work horse because this pony I have now can pull it's share of the load. As for problems with any Cookshack product, I've been a member of this brotherhood a short year. Read post on the forums from guys that think they have problems only to find that they own a product that the company stands behind. What a concept. I've learned that a problem with a Cookshack isn't really a problem at all. Thanks for your help as well.

Folks ask me why make a 700 mile round trip ride for a used smoker? I tell them "Hell it ain't even broke in good
yet"

I Love this Smoker!!
quote:
Originally posted by S & H:
Wow Gary that's a lot of Q!! I'm not sure I would want to get that big but nice to know I could if wanted to. Sounds like I'm following your tracks. Thanks

BigMikeinNJ, I read everything I could on this site before I bought my SM40. I remember the Wise Ones tell guys wondering what size to buy, "buy as big as money will allow". Good Words. It won't hurt to have two!!

Capt. Hamm I know it's got to be a work horse because this pony I have now can pull it's share of the load. As for problems with any Cookshack product, I've been a member of this brotherhood a short year. Read post on the forums from guys that think they have problems only to find that they own a product that the company stands behind. What a concept. I've learned that a problem with a Cookshack isn't really a problem at all. Thanks for your help as well.

Folks ask me why make a 700 mile round trip ride for a used smoker? I tell them "Hell it ain't even broke in good
yet"

I Love this Smoker!!

I had no idea I would be this busy doing something that I enjoyed so much. I retired a year ago, and thought this was a good way to make some extra cash. It has worked out well. I am considering selling my Amerique, and finding a used FEC 100. Haven't madeup my mind yet. People are really kind of lazy, so I take advantage of that and fix food for them. Do many events ranging from a few people to a wedding for 300. I have to recruit some help for those.
Enjoy your journey with the SM160
Gary I.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.