Skip to main content

My wife and I were invited to a neighbor's for supper, and they served one of the best pork roasts we have ever enjoyed. Turns out they have an AmeriQue, which then got me to Cookshack. The dilemna is whether to invest in a smoker at all and if so, whether to spend the premium the CookShack units command. My earlier life's forays into smoking were pretty awful, which is why I never went further.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Am also having a struggle figuring out if the control unit (w/probe) functions are alike across the 25, 45m and the Q

Thank you so much.

To all who were kind enough to respond, THANK YOU! We have decided to hold off until after the new year,

Merry Christmas.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the forum.
I have a cookshack electric 009(not sold anymore I believe) and an Fec100, I cook primarly for my family, and have had to change jobs occasionally when the word gets out at work about my cooking hobby.
Each requires different cooking methods to produce good product.(at least in my opinion)
I purchased my first cooker the 009 with knowledge of the 30 day return policy, so it was at least for me as low of a risk as it could be. I have heard forever that you get what you pay for or in other words you pay for what you get, which ever way it is; I have been extremely satisfied with the service and support from cookshack. The help and support from this forum is outstanding as well due to the discussion on "how to" do this or that. This forum is a resource by itself. I wish you well on your journey to excellent smoked meat!
I have the 025 for a year now. I absolutely love it. I cook for my family of 5 with enough room to cook for many more if needed.

I just ate a wonderful pulled pork dinner that I started last night at 11pm. It cooked all night and through early afternoon with no baby sitting. The smoker is amazing. Good luck with your decision. Vicki
i have an AQ. Love it. Having the probe connect into the controller is handy but not necessary. I rarely use the timer or hold function. I like having 4 racks. If I am cooking meat on the bottom two, I typically cook almonds on the top two at the same time. If you buy one, use the forum, rather than the book that comes with the smoker. The forum is better.
quote:
Originally posted by iSmoke:
Call Karen at Cookshack. There is a 10% discount that ends the 18th. FYI - I love my 25!

This is from their facebook....."Don't forget to take advantage of our sale on our residential line of smokers and pellet grills! Only 2 weeks left to take advantage of 10% off of new orders. Use Promo Code NOEL10% and save today. Order online at www.cookshack.com or call us at 1-800-423-0698!"

Bless her sole, Donna use to make sure the forum was informed on such sales as this, oh well!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.