Skip to main content

Reply to "Advice on purchasing a smoker"

Jdcellar posted:

Hello- I am planning to purchase an electric smoker in the near future.. I have narrowed it down to a Cookshack Elite 45 or a           Smokin It 2D. I want something large enough to smoke 5 to 7 racks of ribs without having to cut them in half. I will also be smoking brisket and pork butts. The Cookshack 025 would probably work for me but I didn’t want to get something to small and regret it later. Temperature where I live usually falls into the 20’s so it will need to be able to hold temperature when it’s cold. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you are not sure about getting Cookshack 025, then you probably should have a look at bigger model if you have a budget. I have had the SM025 for several years. I currently really use it almost exclusively for jerky and cold smoking as it is pretty small. So I've kinds outgrown it pretty fast: family gatherings, big parties etc. Though, it's totally OK  for a small dinner party. You won't regret about the quality, and trust me - even in the small 008 smokette models a large brisket can be done.
It just takes some folding.