Skip to main content

Air Flow SM025 with a A-Maze-N-Pellet

Good morning everyone!

I decided to rise early, beat the heat and get some smoked cheese going with my new A-Maze-N- Pellet smoker. Got it lit using gel. Took a few attempts to get some coals going, but I think I am going to invest in a propane torch.

I stuck the smoker basket in to the SM-025 and loaded up an entire rack of cheese. My internal temp stayed at a constant 71 degrees for most of the smoke.

About 30 minutes in, I noticed that no smoke was coming out of the top of my smoker. I thought the pellet tray had gone out, so I opened the door and was greeted by a large plum of smoke. So I closed the door and watched. Nothing. No smoke coming out at all. I checked to make sure that the bottom hole in the smoker wasn't plugged. The results I was seeing was not typical when the SM025 is running. So what's different here? I was worried that stale smoke would linger around the cheese.

I determined I just wasn't getting enough air flow. There was absolutely no wind. So I created my own and placed a house fan about 4 feet from the smoker. Now I am getting a nice constant thin blue flow of smoke out of the smoker.

I wanted to share my experience and ask if any of you have had similar issues?

Have a great day everyone!
Original Post