Skip to main content

Reply to "Americque Display "Service""

quote:
Originally posted by T. Forry:
Cold night in Wyoming and went to cold smoke some cheese. Pluged in and turned on my Amerique that I have had for about a year. It tool longer than usual for the display to come on, when it did I set the teperature and went to start it. But, next to the start stop button it said SERVICE and it would not start.

I am hoping it is because of the outside temperature, below 0. I quess we will see when it warms up unless anyone has any ideas.

This happened to me today. At first, I just got the green backlight with no numbers or words. After turning off and on a few times, the display was jumping all over the place with the word service. I took the control unit off. There did not seem to be moisture inside, but I went ahead a took a blow dryer to it. After getting it nice and warm, I reattached the display and everything seems to be working. My ribs should still be ready in time for the Super Bowl. If this happens again, I'll give CS customer service a call, but hopefully it was just the frigid weather we've had in Oklahoma the past week.