Skip to main content

Reply to "Amerique Temperature Reading Inaccuracy"

Thanks for the reply. I hope the mention of my post count is not an attempt to discredit what I have to say. You're correct however about piggybacking on to this existing thread . I should have started a new one.

Here's what I am dealing with. Back in May of 2011 I was having a problem with maintaining temperature. I would set the on board digital setting to say 225# and the inside temperature would only reach about 160-170# tested with a known thermometer. I spoke to Tony Marlar in customer service and he said I needed to purchase a new thermostat (the probe that is permanently mounted about midway up inside the Amerique, not the meat probe!)

In the last few months I have been cooking pork butts on my 008 because I know it works and the fact that I no longer use the meat probe on my Amerique because it too is grossly inaccurate.

Now, fast forward to the morning of Thanksgiving. My erratic temperature problem returns in full force. I set the Amerique at 300# and it won't even hit the 250 mark. I spent about $70 back in May; an absolute waste of time and money. It did nothing the alleviate the problem.

Maybe I am posting this on the wrong site, I apologize if that's the case.

I think I got a Lemon with my Amerique. My 10 year old 008 has been flawless, which lead me to the purchase of the Amerique. If I keep this unit I will likely remove the digital controls and replace them with analog controls.

I hope this clears things up.

Regards,
Lon