Skip to main content

Reply to "Babyback Ribs - Cookshack Beginner"

First off go to the top of the page that you originally posted on and read the Ribs 101.  This will get you started.  The tutorial was written by a former forum moderator everyone knew as Smokin Okie.  I have 3 racks of ribs going in today.  I use Southern Succor rub on the ribs.  You can find the recipe for the rub on line.  I will smoke them at 250 degrees rib side down for 2 hours  I like fruit woods for the smoke.  I will check the ribs after 2 hours and look for meat pulled back off the ribs a little.  I foil my ribs and use butter, brown sugar, honey, and Tiger Sauce on the ribs before sealing the foil tight.  The ribs go on the foil bone side up so the foil seams are on the top of the bones.  The wrapped ribs go back in the smoker with the meat side down and seam side up at 250 degrees for 2 hours.  I pull out a foil pack and open it just enough that I can do  a tooth pick test ( don't go through the foil on the bottom side. )  Once they are close to done I pull them out of the smoke, open the foil being careful not to loose and of the sauce in the bottom of the foil.  Once the ribs are out, I use the sauce to baste on the ribs and then either put them back in the smoker to set the sauce, or I do a reverse sear on a hot BBQ grill basting the ribs as they sear.