Skip to main content

Reply to "Beer-preboiled ribs???"

No, please, guys you're KILLIN' me. You didn't think I'd miss a post with BOILED in the topic? Boiled ribs? Did we say boiled ribs? two boiled rib posts in one month is illegal.

Smoke on boiled ribs, after their boiled really doesn't work, as the protein is all pretty much closed up.

Okay if they tasted good, then we need to work on your taste buds, no offense, but really Big Grin

BRs will have zero flavor...let's all repeat, zero flavor. Tony's is great for Crab boils (if you like that try the CS Chicken rub, really similar) so all it will do is maybe a little flavor on the outside (if it doesn't boil off)

It's like grilling ribs. BRs will give you flavor from the sauce. The pork won't have any specific taste. You're just getting flavor from the sauce.

Do this, smoke your ribs (and give them the same seasoning outside) do they taste different. If they don't, then you're not tasting any smoke, or can't taste the smoke. You should get some flavor from that.

...but HEY if you like 'em that way, go for it, but we won't condone it in the Q forum. Sorry, I have to draw the line somewhere

Cool