Skip to main content

Reply to "Best BBQ /Smoking books"

Sorry, can't support that link. The first book it shows is a George Foreman book Red Face

I think what MM is wanting is our recommendations for books.

So MM, what KIND of Q book? Recipes? tips? good reading. The below list is from two years ago, but they're still good reads.

So, here's some:

1. Smoke and Spice : Cooking With Smoke, the Real Way to Barbecue, on Your Charcoal Grill, Water Smoker, or Wood-Burning Pit Cheryl Alters Jamison, Bill Jamison / Paperback / Published 1994

2. Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue Sauces : 175 Make-Your-Own Sauces, Marinades, Dry Rubs, Wet Rubs, Mops and Salsas Paul Kirk / Hardcover / Published 1997

3. The Kansas City Barbeque Society Cookbook : Barbeque...It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore Hardcover / Published 1997

4. The BBQ Bible by Steve Raichlen
  5. Bar-B-Que, Barbecue, Barbeque, Bar-B-Q, B-B-Q : Booklet Carolyn S. Wells / Paperback / Published 1991

6. Kansas City Bbq Pocket Guide Ardie Davis / Published 1992

7. John Willingham's World Champion Bar-B-Q : Over 150 Recipes and Tall Tales for Authentic, Braggin' Rights, Real Southern Bar-B-Q and All the Fixin's John Willingham / Hardcover / Published 1996

8. Smokestack Lightning : Adventures in the Heart of Barbecue Country Lolis Eric Elie, Frank Stewart (Photographer) / Paperback / Published 1997

9. Sublime Smoke : Bold New Flavors Inspired by the Old Art of Barbecue Cheryl Alters Jamison, Bill Jamison / Hardcover / Published 1996

10. The Thrill of the Grill Chris Schlesinger, et al / Paperback / Published 1997

New ones include:

• Dinosaur BBQ (I suggest you look at this one before you buy)

• Legends of Texas BBQ is a good read, and a few recipes

• The Grand Barbecue: A Celebration of the History, Places, Personalities and Techniques of Kansas City Barbecue

Wow, the list will just keep going and going. Do a search for barbecue on Amazon and you'll come up with 510 books. No wonder you're asking Wink

Guess I'll just have to put out the Q University suggested reading list a little early (where I rate the book and you tell me why I'm wrong) Cool

Just Smokin'