Skip to main content

Reply to "Book Report"

Williams Sonoma huh? That explains why i never saw it before. I can't hang out in those expensive stores like you Tom. I usually search the bargain bins at Amazon. Smiler

I've got all of Ray's books now. This new book likely has some duplication, but the photography was far better than in his earlier books. (I just noticed it's published by Chronicle. Great cook book publisher!) One thing I've always liked about his books is that his recipes seem to be original rather than some rewarmed from all the other BBQ books out there. I don't really use recipes, but several of his ideas have found their way into my "go to" dishes. His sides are always creative. You can only cook so many baked beans before you start to get queasy every time you hear them mentioned.

I've been looking at the SL book since I posted earlier, and I like it. Troy Black is all through it and Chris Lilly too. There's actually a lot of good info to be found. Great pictures too. I got a copy for a graduation present for my Godson. He's taken to cooking out every night after everyone else has gone to bed, so I figured some variety might do him good.