Skip to main content

Reply to "CS Reunion at Russ' Deck"

Just posted the poll over here:

http://forum.cookshack.com/eve...622951327#9622951327

Here are my thoughts (nothing set in stone, so just putting it out there):

Travel is tough trying to do something like this as you'll have to travel during Thursday or Friday; especially for you out of towners, so let us know if this Friday night/Saturday option works for you.

1. Once we have a count, I can call around to some close hotels and see what we can do for price.

2. Families. Families are welcome, but this is all about BBQ. If they want to come and explore the town that's okay. There is plenty of room on the deck, but Saturday is ALL about BBQ. I'm sure the kids don't want to hang out all day for BBQ.

3. Friday night. We can do simple food, maybe something I can cook and have ready. Maybe heavy appetizers. And there will be alcohol, so bring a designated driver. We will also have to prep some things if we want to do any overnight cooks (brisket? Butts? Something else?). Oh, and Happy hour won't be an hour. I have lights on the deck Smiler

2. Saturday. From Breakfast (fatties and other breakfast) to lunch to dinner, the day will just be something we schedule the day. The biggest challenge will be a good mix of actual cooking and some actual eating.

WHAT TO EAT/COOK/LEARN:

Start a list, tell us what you want to do at this event.

If ANY of you want to cook something, just volunteer. Once we have the list, we can sort out a calendar.

I'm also leaving it open as to what you want me to cook? You've seen my cooking, just tell me what you want to taste.

COST: Here's a key. We'll need to share expenses. I could ask whoever is cooking to cover their cost, but some items might be a little more expensive. More to come on this, not sure exactly how to work this

SIDE EVENT: At the first CS Reunion, we had a sauce tasting contest. What I'd like to do is have people send me bottles of their local sauces that they like/love (hopefully everyone from Oklahoma won't bring Head Country).