Skip to main content

Reply to "Did anyone notice on Bobby Flay's Throwdown about Ribs.....?"

I have enjoyed reading the posts about the Throwdown episode. I saw it the other night on TV and went to bed wanting ribs soooo bad. I was on the net today searching for info about The Pit and also trying to find out what restaurants the judges were from. My husband and I love ribs and we're in search of some good ones.

The ones on Throwdown looked awesome so I hope to try them soon to see if the "hype" is what it seems to be. I also saw on there where he said he ONLY cooks them for 20 mins each side,...he also said something like, not cooking them slow...but really hot and quick. So i was surprised by that, esp. cause they really looked like they fell off the bone. Anyway, I guess it only matters if they actually taste good at the restaurant.

Also, I think one of the judges were from the Backyard BBQ pit, right? I haven't been to that place and would love to hear how it is. I also was searching the Durham area and saw a Hog Heaven BBQ, any reviews for that?!

Would love to hear where the best ribs in the RDU area are from. (We live in VA, right above the NC border.)