Skip to main content

FEC100 Temp Swings, "Please Jump in and add your comments"

Hello Fellow Pellet Heads,

Today i had a long talk with Tony at CookShack about my FEC100 temp swings, I have owned this unit for two months now new from CookShack with the IQ4 Controller and cooked on it about ten cooks now i seem to see when i am cooking on this unit @ 224F I see a high of 50+ degrees and a drop of 30+ degrees , after emailing Tony my pictures of where the unit lives he seems to think its a venting issue, now bear in mind I live in California and I really haven’t smoked on a windy day, but Tony seems to think I need a stove pipe and a back draft vent cap, I have seen this unit in use at many competions and never see a stove pipe with a cap used, and I never see smoke being pushed back in the unit it seem to flow out nicely with no wind swirling around it, so I post my question here for help. Now bear in mind this in not consistent there are days I get about half of what I posted, so it’s intermittent, also I am using CookShack Pellets and has used Tragger Pellets with the same result, now bear in mind I never open the door and most of my cooks are 2 hours to 5+ hours.
Please take this as a informational question to be learned from not a rant.. I’m attaching pictures of my setup.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • photo2
Last edited {1}
Original Post