Skip to main content

Reply to "FEC100 Temp Swings, "Please Jump in and add your comments""

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Think about it like this, it's not smoke going back it, it's airflow dynamics. You have a 5" hole and "maybe" the outside air difference is coming in and helping cause the issue.

There are a lot of solutions.

Me? I kept it simple. I just went out and bought a cap, cut it down so it slips right over the hole. I'll have to take a photo, but with 60mph winds in Oklahoma (wind chill -20) I need it somedays.

So SmokinOkie,

I was re reading your post "I need it somedays" are you saying on windy days you just put a cap on it, and on some days you dont? If that’s correct then I shouldn’t be having these problems with my draft situation, since i always have no winds where I live that would affect my problem? So my questions are still open why I’m having these temps’ swings! then you are saying in the end of your post that "There are a lot of solutions" well then I would love for you to post them so i can read and lean more about it for myself! Maybe i get this ironed out quicker. any thoughts would be appreacited. Smiler

I also reattached my picture to expain where my FEC100 lives, in a offset of a corner of fences, to the back unit the fence is a 6' fence with the unit about 6" to back of the fence and on the other side of the fence is no structures within 75 feet and the right side fence is apporx 30 inches away from where the units lives the right fence is where the exaust lives and that fence is 8' feet high with no structurs on the other side of the fence is 50 feet away Home. and the front of the cooker is blocked but a covered patio with roof hight of 10 feet so the area of my cooker has wind breaks at all angles ecept on the controler side is and open area for about 25 feet with a 6 foot fence , hope i didnt loose any here but im expaining the layout of my cooker.

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • photo2
Last edited by Former Member