Skip to main content

Reply to "FEC100 Temp Swings, "Please Jump in and add your comments""

It is about -9c here I think that may be about 15f in your neck of the woods. The wind is blowing pretty good to.I've had a cook going today for about 6hrs.I am cooking at 228degrees at last check it was 233degrees.I have had pretty wild fluctuations on my FE.Cookshack has sent me fans,fireboxes and an auger. Little by little these changes helped. I only used an elbow pipe,I bend it up in fair weather and down when it is nasty.No cap needed so far.I also followed the advice given buy the good people on this forum and kept on cookin..Some had speculated that the cooker just needs lots of work to get broken in and then the temps may settle down some.It may sound and feel frustrating..but I think they may be on to something.I don't cook for a lot of people so my loads are small compared to a some. I may do a chicken or a rack of ribs or even a slab of salmon..the idea is to play with your new toy until you figure it out.Sooner or later your little baby's going to purr and produce like you won't beleve.Consider this the fun part..you are a part of a chain,of soon to be very happy Que'rs who,like me will be writing a note to the next concerned Cookshack owner.