Skip to main content

Reply to "Feet for Amerique"

I also have the older model Amerique that uses a standard phone jack connection for the meat probe. I've gone thru 2 of the meat probes (at least the 2nd one is falling apart at the probe end with the plastic disintegrating). I was curious to know if maybe an adaptor phone jack might be used to accommodate a standard meat probe from ThermoWorks; no one is willing to investigate that. 

I did contact Cookshack as their website states to contact them for probes to the older AmeriQue. I was told that a probe was available but it was a different part number and they would provide one. So I waited for the replacement probe to arrive only to receive the 2-prong plug used with the current AQ model. I contacted CS upon receipt and was advised that the wrong probe was sent and that the correct one would be sent along with a return label to send back the wrong probe. I again received the same wrong probe but this time with a 'pigtail' to connect it to the electronic board internally; BUT there was no explanation and no instruction as to why or how.  Recall that I was clear as to the standard phone jack probe requirements and was told that it would be provided under a different part number.

So I get back with CS again and this time ask for someone in technical support to please call me. All I received was a very generically written PDF file on how to change my AQ to work with the new probe, No one has yet to return my call as promised; but they did respond that if I was willing to pay $157.93 that they could have a vendor make a replacement standard phone jack meat probe like the one that came with my AQ.

To possibly make the new probe work requires re-drilling the stainless steel to enlarge the hole to accept the new probe jack connector; which best I can figure requires buying an expensive step drill bit capable to drilling stainless steel. 

So are the are there any owners of the older AQ who have experienced this same problem with their old AQ meat probe? any suggestions???