Skip to main content

Finally broke my PG500

I finally broke my PG500, we had a big storm with a lot of horizontal rain and my pellets got wet jamming the auger.  I had started it up and went inside, I could see the smoke starting so I went out to close the door and I could not hear the auger delivering pellets although the auger light was on.  I cleaned out the auger, and it still didn't function.  So I took of the end cover and uplugged the auger motor and checked that I had 120 volts on the terminals.  I did, so I figured I had burned out the motor.  I ordered a new motor and when I went to install it I checked the function before fitting it and found that it didn't work.  I checked the voltage at the terminals again. 120 V, just like I would expect when the green light is on saying that the auger should be working.  Although the manual has a schematic, it just shows the wire connections to the board, not whats on the board.  Is looks like there may be a relay that provides the power for motor,  is it possible that the relay can deliver voltage, but not deliver enough current to power the motor?  Any ideas?

Original Post