Skip to main content

Reply to "Got a New Slicer"

Jay - Blade is 8 1/2 inches.  Weight 15 lbs. If the web page I attached opens it covers that.  Now there is something mighty strange about the description of the slicers power.  The web site description says peak power is 1/4 horse power which would require 186 watts of power.  The chart says the motor is 120 watts.  Yet the data plate claims 0.5 amps at 120 volts.  Amps times (X) volts equals watts.  Using that formula the 665 slicer is only 60 watts.  I have inquired numerous times via email and voice message as to what is the truth about the power and CC has yet to respond.   Either they do not know or they do not care as long as the machines sell and they receive no complaints.  But for me, I would like to know even though I have experienced no problems.  There is a conversion table that allows one to figure hp if you know voltage and amps or watts etc.  Easy to find on google. 

I belong to several forums and the CC 615/615A is really popular; it has a 7 inch blade and an optional smooth, non-serrated blade is available for it.  The 665 is limited to a serrated blade only,and I am good with that. Lots of good slicers out there that won't break the bank and light enough to move around easily:  LEM Mighty Bite (comes with 2 blades), NESCO, etc.  Hope this helps!