Reply to "Got a New Slicer"

Mike - I hear you about space.  I have a #8 LEM grinder that fits the counter quite nicely but has to be put up  when not in use, and it is fairly heavy.  I also have the large LEM vacuum sealer, also heavy and it too gets put away when not in use.  Same with the slicer. Not heavy just takes a lot of space.  Like most people, I just don't have a space dedicated solely for processing.

I belong to several forums and you are not alone in not being able to slice a whole belly.  Many folks make their own bacon and some just cut it in half for an electric or get a very good knife and cut full slices by hand .  When one fellow was asked why he cut his bacon in half before slicing (he has a Chef's Choice) rather than use a good knife and make whole slices, he very simply stated he hadn't been able to find bread slices large enough to use a full length slice of bacon when making a BLT.  Now he said that jokingly, sort of, but I don't think he liked all the fuss over which method was superior to the other. Sometimes things can get a tad heated.