Skip to main content

Reply to "Great Service"

quote:
Originally posted by HAC111:
I just ordered my new amerique the other day, after many months of painful deliberation. It is a lot of money to spend on a smoker. Now after reading about problems with the controllers I am having second thoughts. I can just imagine the look on my wife’s face when I fire up the smoker for a big cook and have controller failure. The kind of money I am paying I thought these things would be good to go right out of the box.

As one of those customers who did end up with a faulty Amerique controller, let me say this:
I have purchased over the years: Smokette 008, CS 150, FEC100. I have NEVER had a problems with ANY of them. My Americue arrived on December 23rd and I discovered a problem with the LED read-out the next day when I loaded up a Prime Rib for Christmas Eve dinner. Cookshack was down for the day (holiday) so I sent Stuart Powell (owner) an e-mail, hoping he could offer a solution. Stuart called me within 30 minutes! He explained that the control board supplier shipped CS faulty parts. The following Monday, Tony from customer service CALLED ME and made arrangement for a new board to be shipped. It was here within 2 days.

Yes, sometimes things do go wrong but you can rest assured that Cookshack stands behind their products 110%. NEVER had I encountered such incredible support and service before. And...the Prime Rib cook was a success as a result of Mr Powell's suggestions and guidance.