Skip to main content

Reply to "Incredible Brisket Recipe"

As normal when I cook something for the first time I go to trusted sources to learn what, how and things to look out for. Not only was this my first brisket ever it was my third ever effort with my new SM045 (salmon and country style ribs prior), so I came to this site. Well this recipe turned out excellent. My wife, the self proclaimed brisket expert (she does make a great brisket in the oven) said no way I could match her old family recipe. She happily admitted it was as good or better than hers. I wanted to pass my compliment on to everyone in this post for their insight and suggestions; to AC&C for his recipe; to onesharpbroadhead for posting the recipe and to smokinokie, Tom, pats and others for the discussions. I learned a lot from them as the information was excellent. You guys know your Q!
I was a little stumped with the discussion about this recipe versus traditional as to which to use. Since I could not find readily any information on the rubs used for a traditional smoked brisket I went with this one. I would like to know what rubs you Q gurus use for a traditional brisket.

Thanks again for the great information. My success on my first brisket is a testimony to this excellent forum.

You guys rock! Excuse my typos.