Skip to main content

Reply to "Initial Report On Our New Charbroiler"

quote:
Originally posted by PI Chef:
Please no confusion on my point..The grease fire, in this case, was our own fault simply because we didn't drain them prior to reigniting the unit. We now empty the pans daily. In addition to grease accumulation in the pans, you also have water which is supposed to be in the pan to help with flareups. If it was simply drippings, draining the pan wouldn't be difficult. It is, IMO, very important for long term use in a commercial environment, to keep water in these pans. Now after a day of cooking there is 1-2" of water and grease in a pan which is approx 18" x 24". It certainly isn't impossible or even particularly difficult to drain...just not convenient either. Our unit is, and every other commercial use should be, cleaned daily. If I were cooking 2000 burgers I would set times during the cooking to drain the grease before the pans got too full. And I stand by that the pans should have some method for draining without risking a burn or even just a mess. I have a thought on how this could be accomplished if anyone wants to know.

Our unit's over all performance has been very good. The quality of the product can't be reproduced with any gas charbroiler. We have had many people complement the difference this has made to our burgers, chops, chicken, fish, sausage..etc.

Good to hear about the performance of your grill , i have to agree with you there that this grill is unmatchable to any other gas grill, my friends and family love it every day especially the friends part good luck with your new investment.