Skip to main content

Reply to "inline fan"

quote:
Originally posted by tigerwokie:
quote:
Originally posted by MaxQ:
As long as you aren't directly connected to the smoker (something you never want to do) with a fan, you need not worry about increasing the garage heat. Your smoker is surrounded with 800 o insulation.

Now depending on how many cubic feet @ minute your exhaust system is drawing, you may need "make-up" air. It will depend on the size (cubic feet) of your garage. This situation applies to commercial kitchen environments. If you're using a basic "over-the-stove" type fan, you should be ok.

It is just one of those Homedepot 4" pipe/duct fan. What is "make up" air? and I am just allowing the fan to sit on top of the vent hole with an inch gap between the fan bottom and the hot surface top. Thanks.

I have just such a vent system on my SM025 because it is in a garden shed. The pressure inside the smoker will send the smoke up into the vent stack without any help from a fan as long as there is no crosswind. Try it without the fan first. Be careful you don't get the wood in the smoker box flaming. Flaming is bad.