Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi I am Vernon Miears, grew up in southwest Texas where mesquite is the order of the day. We live here in Austin where the family likes the urban setting, and we can just be a face in the crowd. I work for The Texas Department of Public Safety, and run a satellite earth station for them with about 1300 remote sites, some on R.V.s. I used to like to hunt till it got too expensive, fishing is ok when there is time, guns are fun, radioes and computers get most of the spare time when I am not cooking. I like to cook so much, I was warned at work for cooking steak on the clock, funny thing the boss was there and liked the meal though??? Eeker I also have a webber kettle and a double barrel offset that I built myself out of hi pressure pipe. I like my smokette only had it about two weeks. I learned about cookshack on the bbqnfools.com website. I'm sure I'll find a use for the offset, maybe a boat anchor or lawn orniment, or one of those rare moments when I want to do something exotic...I like the forum a lot of good info here.. Smiler Smiler