Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi, I'm gc/tx on the Forum. My real name is Charles. I'm a retired university business/financial administrator. I cooked my first brisket in 1971 and have been at it ever since. I didn't smoke a pork butt (Boston butt) until a few years ago. For several years, I've use a WSM for low and slow cooking, which in my case includes briskets, butt, and ribs. I use a Weber kettle for things I can cook in about an hour or less, hamburgers, for example, and use a gas grill for vegetables, fish, and things that cook within a few minutes. I ordered a Cookshack Smokette yesterday that will be delivered next week. I plan to use it instead of the WSM for low and slow cooking. I wanted a cooker for doing what I call Lazy Man Q -- one that doesn't involve fooling with charcoal, tending the cooker for temperature control, and a lot of clean-up after cooking, especially a water pan and a lot of ashes. So, I hope to use the Smokette for the low and slow barbecue items, and will continue to use the kettle and the gasser for grilling. The Cookshack Forum is great!