Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

quote:
Originally posted by Wild Turkey No9:
Hi all - Name is Kevin. I'm a (legal) alien from the UK. Dayjob is wireless telecomms consulting management. Married to a fine young lady called Sharon who is a great wife and mother to my young daughter. My real interests are studying the game of chess (I'm fairly useless but enjoy the challenge), trying to get all of the 9mm slugs from my Glock 34 into a 2 inch circle at 15 yards at the range, getting myself in better shape down at the local 24 hour fitness, smoking cigars and good bourbon, and trying to cook. Love Q so thought I'd give it a whirl. Started with the Weber smokey thing but got brassed of with temperature control and constantly adding more charcoal - made cooking a chore. Searched around the web and found cookshack. Procrastinated for two years before taking the plunge with a new 008. Wish I'd done it 2 years ago, its awesome! Had excellent results so far with pork butt and brisket. Great forum - hopefully one day I'll have learned enough to contribute something original.

Kev, nice to see another Brit on the board....

Jerky works well, smoked beans and prime rib is awsome......

Neill