Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi all

I'm Bob from suburban Maryland. Bought a Smokette 009 on a whim last week. Actually I've been toying with the idea of a real smoker for a year or so. Prior to that all my smoking was done on a Weber kettle.

I must admit that I'm not completely obsessed by BBQ, I am obsessed by all types of foods. We both cook all weekend long, nearly every weekend. NuMex, Cajun, Creole, Thai, Chineese, French, American, wharever, we'll try it. Work usually prevents much creativity during the work week. Wiffie is a high school teacher & I'm the director of contruction & design for a non-profit affordable housing developer. So we live on leftovers & carryout during the work week.

I guess the downside to having such a remarkable smoker is that I will no longer be able to grab a big cigar, an adult beverage & a good book and sit by the Weber for hours on end saying "I can't leave the fire unattended, it might go out and ruin everything."

I've tried Tuna steaks & a brisket with mixed results. I'm trying chicken wings, baby backs & whole chickens this weekend. We'll see how it goes.