Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hey you'll, hailing you from Charleston, South Carolina.My name is Susan and I'm transplanted from the north while hubby(Russell)is from S.Texas. This is a good in-between spot to live except for one thing- no brisket- South Carolina is a pork state and those pits that say they sell brisket just ain't had Texas brisket. So the search was on for our own. Happened on Cookshacks name is a BBQ cookbook and after reading 90% of this forum and looking at a ton of reviews, bit the bullet and ordered the smokette 008. Of course it arrived in a monsoon with the power down- poor UPS man while I struggled to manually get the garage doors up. Sunday got it together and in place and seasoned. This AM put a 7 lb brisket in at 225*- no peeking but I am dying to know whats going on in there- will check at 8 hour mark and go from there. Thanks to all the posts on remote thermometers- we are off to see what can be bought locally- if not then will order on line. Will let you'll know how my very first smoke came out.