Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi all!
My name is Jerry and my user name is skipro3. That is sounded out as Ski Pro 3. I am a seasonal ski instructor at a local resort. Here, the resort refers to ski instructors as ski pros, much like a golf instructor would be called a golf pro. I have locker #3 in the instructor locker room at the resort. Hence the name; skipro3.
Anyway, I've been BBQ'n for more than 30 years but on a completely amateur level; never competition. (Although I do attend the events and mark my score sheets.)
I make my real living as a telecommunications tech for the local electric company on our hydro project. I maintain communications of all nature; telephone, microwave, two-way, SCADA, telemetry, spread spectrum, fiber optics, etc. For a variety of communications systems such as security, video, remote monitoring, control, etc. I live near Lake Tahoe and have for over 27 years. About 3 years ago, my home and land was destroyed in a wildland fire that was set by arson. I have since rebuilt and now own a beautiful log home on my property. One of the first "toys" I've allowed myself since the fire and completing the house is my Cook Shack BBQ smoker. Nothing says I'm home again, than to tend the BBQ by resting in a nearby hammock. Ha! Glad I found Cook Shack and this site. Hope we can all be friends! Cheers!