Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hello,we are Jerry and Robin from northern Virginia just outside Washington, DC. While looking at electric smokers I came across the Cookshack forums and knew I had to have a Cookshack, and like many others fretted over which model to get. I knew I really only needed a 025, but wanted the extra capacity reserve offered by the 045. As I searched I was able to get a good deal on a CS040 which arrived last Friday.

On Saturday I seasoned it (took three tries to get the element touching the smoke box correctly) and then did the traditional Pork Butt first smoke. Following the 101 forum and using Smokin Okie's finishing sauce the results were nothing short of fantastic!!!

And so the adventure begins. I've been reading the various forums and know that PB 101 had a lot to do with my initial success. I know that by reading and learning from other's problems and successes and keeping it simple will keep us in fine Que for many years to come.

This is a great forum and I know I'll be posting questions from time to time as I stub my toe and need help.

Jer