Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hello folks,
Newbie here, been reading the forum a little the last couple days - found a used SM008 on eBay and won it - waiting on that to arrive. I've cooked all my life and love smoked meat. Never smoked anything in my life except cigarettes and cuban cigars. LOL. Did a stint in Chef School in 1992-93 at the California Culinary Academy where we smoked some real fine meats as part of a garde manger course (classic cold food production).
So I'm really excited to try out some jerky, brisket and pulled pork. I do a fine pulled pork in the oven and am anxious to smoke a butt or two. Read a lot of this thread, saw people from all over - places I KNOW. I KNOW Pittsurg, CA. I lived in Concord, not far away. LOL
Also lived a long time in Chicago and all over the state of California - LA, Malibu, Ojai, Thousand Oaks, San Francisco, Pacifica. You name it. I worked for IBM most of my life and the old joke is IBM stands for I've Been Moved. True dat.

Really looking forward to joining the ranks and eventually will figure out where to post some of my other recipes, I do write, if that is appropriate and in the appropriate place.

Greetings Q' fans !!!!

)If I can ever figure out how to write in all BOLD I will. Ain't shouting, just have a real bad case of glaucoma, nearly blind. But oooohhhh wheee do I love to cook anyway.