Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi everybody! I'm porkporkpork! (kinda sums up my primary reason for smoking). For a living, I manage a team of techie geeks like myself at a company that sells stuff online.

Just like Steppy, I received my new Amerique today - I got a sweet deal on a refurb unit thanks to this very forum's advice to call CS directly and ask about it (you've been helpful already). I just finished seasoning her & rolling her into the garage for the night. Too bad it gets dark so early this time of year, I could have stood & admired her for a while longer, she's so purty.

Been Q'ing for several years now, my MES finally succumbed to the elements. I don't think it was built to last forever, but it was a good little smoker for what I paid & it turned out a lot of tasty ribs, butts, jerky & fish, so no complaints.

I'm looking forward to more pork & beef delectables and trying my hand at fowl & cheese (not at the same time tho). From lurking, this looks like a great bunch of helpful folks, so I'm looking forward to putting the collective knowledge here to great culinary use.