Skip to main content

Reply to "Is think something is wrong with my smoker...."

quote:
Originally posted by Big Dan:
I just looked at your pictures of the wood you were burning,and mine looked the same at first.There is nothing wrong with your smoker.Try cooking something and see how it comes out.I bet you will like it.

I did some bacon to test and some prime rib, everyone who tried it (myself included) said "there's no smoke taste". Not too surprising given the minimal amount of charring on the wood itself.

After 4 hours and 225 degree test, I would assume there would be ample smoke coming from the exhaust or when I opened the door, and the wood would be more properly charred. None of that happened. I have smoked on lesser/cheaper smokers (some brands which have been labelled as "junk" by members here) and there was much, much more smoke and smoke flavor.

And while I agree that the smoker still cooks the food, I did not buy the Cookshack to just cook my food. I bought it to smoke my food. I already have an oven for just cooking things.

I am hopeful that Cookshack can help resolve the issue and I'm eager to see how they help me deal with it. I will certainly keep everyone posted. I already had an issue (no sample wood came with my smoker) and Cookshack didn't resolve it to my satisfaction. Hopefully they do better this time around.