Skip to main content

Reply to "It's killin' me"

quote:
Originally posted by Camper Bob:
I purchased a Cookshack M025 last week and it was shipped on Monday. The wait is almost unbearable. I have already purchased a used SS table from a restaurant supply house to perch it on. A terrific find at only $75. I have been reviewing recipes and will start with a packer brisket for next weekend. Have invited the neighbors so have to make sure all is operating perfectly. Will smoke a test chicken first and see how it all goes. After inviting them for the "first" smoke it occurred to me that I should make sure it is working correctly. The agonizing wait continues. Have done brisket before on my Brinkman offset, but tending to a charcoal cooker overnight is not fun. At least for me. Am looking forward to less tending and more eating. I have also been reading sausage recipes for my first smoke on an elite. Waiting!!

Trim that Brisket up nice, rub it up, Set smoker at 218 degrees and 12 hours. Put a couple blocks of Hickory for smoke, and Brisket on the top shelf. You could set a piece of foil on the lower shelf to help divert some heat hitting the bottom of Brisket as directly, or a small alum pan with some water in it (save the drippings). A very moist smoker that will turn out near perfect Brisket everytime. Check at the 12 hour mark, since it's a packer. If a Brisket Flat only, would check at 9 hour mark. Load it, relax and forget about it.

Good luck-