Skip to main content

Reply to "JERKY Recipes"

I haven't used my CS for jerky yet,however I did get the recipe from this forum. I used Stogies jerky recipe last weekend for my first ever jerky. I modified it somewhat by adding black pepper, doubling up on the cayenne, and adding liquid smoke (wouldn't need this is if I used the CS) but the basic recipe is his. I dried it using a 9-tray Excalibur dehydrator I bought on Ebay. Brought some into work and everyone said it was excellent! I had to agree! It was definately better than any store bought jerky I have ever had and lots cheaper. Thanks Stogie for sharing the recipe and everyone else for the great input into this forum. I know I've saved lots of $$ and time from the knowledge I've gained here.

By the way, I used an old Rival meat slicer I bought off of Ebay for about 45 bucks which made slicing a breeze. If you can spare the money, I highly recommend them for uniform slices. Ebay always has a ton of these these slicers (all chrome and stainless models) and they are a heavy duty made in the USA product like CS.

Have my first butt (8.2 lbs) in the smokette right now. It's at 184 degrees after 13 hours and smelling great. Only a few more hours and I should be piggin' out!