Skip to main content

Reply to "Knife Sharpeners"

As far as model, unless you are going to be using this on a daily basis the APEX is all you need. The PRO will not sharpen any better. Which APEX is really up to you. You will be able get all your knives plenty sharp with the Apex 1. I ended up with the Apex 4, but can always buy more stones and tapes. I recommend getting the ceramic hone. It is really great for serrated blades. His DVD is on his website, so don't worry about not getting that. His stones are priced very well and are really all you will every need. They are very high quality. Ben is great. If you have any questions he is there to answer. In fact just shoot him an email with all your questions and concerns. He will help, and not in a salesman like way either. His product does all the talking. All I can say is I have never had knives this sharp. You can even go nuts and put a mirror finish on if you wish. Making a great edge, is like making great BBQ. Great things come from a little time and patience. Oh, and yes, SCARY sharp is good. Very good.
Last edited by crazysmokinlarry