Skip to main content

Reply to "Knife sharpening questions.. help"

Anyone can put a great edge on a blade and not put a lot of thought into with a Work Sharp. Nothing else comes close in ease.

If your are rounding tips on a sharpening system such as the WS, you are not using it correctly. I have no interest in their company, but I know that their system will sharpen a knife sharper than anything I have used. I'm good on a stone, which comes from experience, but a person can buy a Work Sharp, read the directions and produce a hair shaving edge a couple of minutes later. I'm sorry if I sound contrite, but I've used many systems and this is the only one that I know a person with no experience can take out of the box, read 2 minutes of instructions and produce an edges that is not rounded on the tip and give you a hair shaving edge.

You mention Amazon, buy it from Amazon or other online retailers that offer a 30 day return. You also mention the Amazon rating. Amazon has 400+ ratings for the Work Sharp system and rates it 4.5+ out of 5. I'm a pretty quiet guy on the forums, but your comments may prevent members from finding a system that really works. The Work Sharp is an American made product, I ordered one after reading reviews and found it to be a great product. For all that have a problem learning to get a good edge using a stone or really don't care to take the time, buy a Work Sharp and try it out, if it doesn't work, send it back.

BD
Last edited by bdinks