Skip to main content

Reply to "Lessons for new users"

Two lessons learned about my AmeriQue model 066 smoker:

1) Be careful when loading meat. Don't let it touch or skewer the ovens temperature probe in the middle-back of the oven. This will cause the oven to consistently read a lower temperature than it really is and go into overdrive! I don't know what the ultimate temperature of the oven will be but it sure will cook fast! If you are not using the meat probe you likely will fry your entire load. An indication that you have made a mistake is when your oven temperature does not reach the desired set temperature within a reasonable time of an hour or so.

2) Be aware that your electronic control on the AQ will TURN OFF if your power blinks during a smoking session. You must again press the on/off control button to resume cooking. We AQ owners like to think we can go to sleep or otherwise ignore our smoker for hours at a time and mostly that's true - mostly - so just be aware and check your AQ periodically.

I must say that CS likely can remedy the above issues by relocating the oven temperature probe closer to the bottom of the rack just above it and by defaulting the oven operation to be "ON" on power-up as long as the main power switch is set to ON.

I love my AQ!
Last edited by Former Member