Skip to main content

Reply to "Looking for a Cookshack Super Smoker sm050 or sm055"

Hi, everyone. I must tell you that you have been conversing with "Mrs. Kevin." You've probably figured that out thru words like "flith and conversing!" Anyway, the house we bought is a "fixer-upper," so while Kevin is busy doing "guy things" I can't do (lots of tools are involved), I told him I would try to figure out our plan of attack regarding the smoker, and pass your collective wisdom on to him. I would love to post a photo of the smoker, but I have no idea how to do that, so I'll just tell you that one of the 2 door hinges is missing. Inside, in addition to what you all call "seasonings," there are spider webs, and other unidentifiable things. We lived on a wooded lot, so who knows. There's nothing alive (bigger than an insect anyway). Neither Kevin or I have ever used a smoker before, but we can't wait to figure it out. We will follow your instructions for cleaning. Is it OK to start it up with a missing door hinge? Thanks to all of you for being so kind! You are my heros! Margaret