Skip to main content

Reply to "need dipping sauce recipe!"

Congratulations on your success Big A!!!

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the dipping sauce recipe. How did you do your ribs? I got my Smokette in December last year, and after a little experimentation, I came up with this method for doing my ribs. I normally remove the membrane from the back of the ribs then rub both sides with mustard. I then apply a good coating of cookshack rib rub (or your choice of rub). I try to leave them covered in the fridge overnight, and then smoke them for 3 hours at 220 with 1 to 2 chunks of hickory. At the 3 hour point I brush both sides generously with sauce and foil them, then I put them back in the smoker for another hour or 2. The ribs should be falling off the bone by this point. I usually serve them with extra sauce for dipping.

Smokin' Okie recommends spritzing ribs with apple juice every time you open the door to prevent them from drying out. I have never tried this, but it sounds like a good idea. Another idea I have heard is to put a coffee tin full of apple juice in the smoker. The aromatic steam helps to moisten the meat as well as flavor it. I have never tried this method yet either, but I am going to soon, since many commercially built smokers are designed with a built in water pan. You can use any liquid you want, to vary the flavors.

Congratulations once again on your success. Let us know if you have any other questions, someone on here will definitely be able to help you out.

G'day,

Micah Cool Eeker