Skip to main content

Reply to "Need help with Model 206 - made in 1986"

Toxarch
I don't have info on your model. I can tell you how most machines using two heaters (or windings in motors) achieve dual voltage. The best way I can descibe it is to picture each one of your hands as a heating element. Put your hands out in front of you palms down and curl your middle fingers in so just your thumb and pinky finger are sticking out. Now put your hands together so your thumbs touch. The two hot wires of 240 volts (usually one black and one red) are connected to your pinkies. (your thumbs are connected together) This is called wiring the elements in series. This is how they would be wired for 240 volts.

Now if you keep your thumbs and pinkies the same and this time put one hand on top of the other. The two thumbs are connected together and the pinkies are connected together. Tie the thumbs to EITHER the red or black wire, and tie the pinkies to the neutral wire (usually white). This is called wiring the two elements in parallel.

That is the best I can do without drawing a diagram. It's a silly way to descirbe it but I'm a picture guy.

My best advice - Call Cookshack tomarrow! They will be able to help you.

Also, I have a 205. It has a wiring diagram inside the back cover - on the back of the unit, not the back of the control panel.

hope this helps.