Skip to main content

Reply to "Need quick & easy smoked salmon recipe"

Hi Ed, I haven't been smoking for years like the experts on this forum but I have learned one thing....There is no quick and easy way to do anything "low & slow" except maybe throwing a couple of Dungenes Crabs in the smoker that have already been pre cooked, cleaned, & sprinkled with Old Bay seasoning.
Having said that, here's what works for me and what my family on both coasts says is "absolutely the best smoked salmon Period!" ( I'm not sure that they know anything about smoked salmon but it sure made me feel good and now they want me to UPS smoked salmon to them )
I start with a skinless salmon filet ( I don't like the oily taste that the skin imparts) from Costco and apply Andi's dry brine for 12 hrs refrigerated. See seafood archives under "Andi...Salmon Filets" in response to a question asked by Tom. Just follow the recipe given including the maple syrup part of forming the pellicle...I'ts important. Then I smoke at 150 degrees for four hours with 2 oz. of hickory and 2 oz. of apple.
You won't be disappointed!
Good luck & let us know how it works out.
Bill