Skip to main content

Reply to "new Amerique on it's way"

quote:
Originally posted by Quecrew:
So BigMike, I need to smoke 4-ten lb. butts for a party. Can I do all four in this thing? What about meat placement for efficient cooking? Smoke one over the other or stagger? More wood than 4-5 ozs.? I haven't gotten it yet. On the way. I returned my sm045. Too small and damaged in shipping.Thanks, "Q"

I have had my Ameriqe for 3 yrs. now, and it works great. This unit has adjustable rails for your shelves. Move them up to the highest setting. Then you can put 2 ten lb. butts on both the second, and bottom shelves with no problem. They may touch some, but that is OK. Use 3-4 pcs. of wood that come with the smoker. Set your temp to 225, for 12hrs. Then go to bed. Check at 11hrs. some cook quicker than others. If a skewer passes through the meat easily it is done. If not check again in 30min. I have done hundreds of butts this way, and it has never failed me. I also have an SM160 that basically cooks the same only bigger. Foil the wood box cover, and the bottom of the smoker. Remember to poke a hole in the foil where the drain hole is. Also make sure your catch pan is in place. I don't use the probe to cook with, as it does not give you an accurate reading of what the meat is doing. Just my opinion.
Good Luck
Gary