Skip to main content

Reply to "New Smoker"

I ordered my CS50 a few days ago after seriously considering the Bradley 6 rack digital.

I decided on Cookshack for several reasons.

If you have read through the Bradley forum, I'm sure you have seen that there have been problems with the 6 rack getting up to temp. I also didn't like the 9hr 20min timer. The Cookshacks electronics and heating element seem to be better suited for the size of the unit and the AmeriQue has that great "hold" feature that Bradley dosen't have.

Also, the Cookshack, as far as I can tell, is not affected by the ambiant temp and can be used in (almost) any weather.

Customer service seems to be equal for both companies and both forums are visited by friendly and knowledgeable folks who are loyal to their chosen brand.

My main reason for buying the Cookshack was the wood pucks. It wasn't the cost, it was the lack of variety. From reading this fourm I've found several sources for wood such as peach, Allspice, nectarine etc. As an added incentive, the Cookshack uses only 2-4 ounces of wood so it is much more cost effective over time. (eg: apple chunks are listed online at $1.50/lb. Each chunk is about 2 ounces. Total cost for 4 ounces: $0.37. Cost for Bradley w/ 4hr smoke time: $4.00 +/- if you get the pucks for .30 - .33 each)

Hope this helps,

Tony