Skip to main content

Reply to "Original Amerique meat sensor is bad"

zxreed posted:
oldsarge posted:

I believe this is the probe for the Amerique. I would check with CS and see if the female connector on the controller is part of a package or if this is just for the probe.  Everything gets updated at some point in time for reasons known to management, such as having run it's life cycle. The new Amerique has an elongated wood box and heating element; not like what I got back in 2012. No idea why the change but it is what it is.  Any way, here is the probe:

http://www.cookshack.com/PV530

Thanks oldsarge for posting the link for me.  It doesn't rate very well considering all 6 reviews say about the same thing, it fails.  How long have you had your AQ and what has been your experience with the new probe?

Sorry I missed your question.  I bought the AQ in April 2012.  The meat probe plugs into the controller via RCA type plug.  So far no problems.  I do not was the probe.  I wipe it down. Thermoworks sells probe wipes and they work very well.  The controller itself has been trouble free. Nothing will last forever and when it dies, I expect to spend money for the repair/parts.  This company, any company would go out of business if they warranted anything and everything for life, especially electronics.