Skip to main content

PG1000

So, I have a friend who loves to smoke brisket and other meats (who doesn't!). He has an electric masterbuilt. I used to have one too actually. I eventually got the Pg500 a few years ago and have loved it. During these last  few years I have noticed his interest in my unit. Unfortunately he and his wife aren't able to ever afford one so I was thinking about giving him mine and upgrading to the Pg1000 OR maybe something else. Sorry if that was a little too much backstory!

Anyway I will be getting a new smoker and I honestly want to know ya'll opinion on whether I should stick with another pellet smoker or make the leap to normal wood smokers. Do they really produce that much more flavorful meat? I've had good success with my PG500? I know ignorance is bliss but am I missing out on getting something else. I've briefly read on the Ameicanque which is electric. I think I read that it can impart a really good smoke flavor which is surprising to me. My electric masterbuilt was never that impressive in the smoking. It used small wooden chips that you would either soak in water before hand or not.

Anyway I will be upgrading to the PG1000 or something else I guess. The PG1000 I read has a more sealed chamber. Don't know if that matters or not.  I've also seen the FEC100 but that's 5k. A little too much for me to spend.  Also does Cookshack have specials sometimes? Do they give discounts for repeat customers?  

Thanks all!

Original Post